Dominate Social Media in 2023 with This Complete Marketing Strategy.
Social media marketing is a crucial part of any marketing strategy in today’s digital world. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to know where to focus your efforts. In 2023, short-form vertical videos are the way to go.
It’s important to note that while short form video is currently the most effective social media marketing strategy, organic reach on social media is becoming increasingly limited. Organic reach refers to the number of people who see your posts without paid advertising. On many social media platforms, including TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube, the organic reach of posts has been decreasing over time due to algorithm changes and increased competition for users’ attention.
Relying solely on organic reach is not a sustainable social media marketing strategy. However, by creating engaging short form videos that are repurposed across multiple platforms, you can increase your chances of being seen by more potential customers, even if you have to invest in paid advertising to reach a wider audience.
Short videos have taken the social media world by storm. Platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook Reels, and YouTube Shorts are all pushing short videos, making it the most effective and versatile social media marketing strategy. Repurposing these videos across all platforms will increase your reach, visibility, and potential virality.
An added bonus is that since Google owns YouTube, your posts on YouTube Shorts can also be found in Google searches.
Benefits of Short-form Video Content
- Reach: Recent changes in social media algorithms have favored short videos over other formats. Therefore, short videos reach a broader audience, resulting in more followers and potential customers for your business.
- Connection: Short videos are a great way to build recognition and relationships with your future customers. They are more effective than just posting still images or tweeting or posting articles on LinkedIn.
Length & Style of Short Videos
The best-performing short videos only run from 20 to 60 seconds. It’s unnecessary to create super funny, entertaining, or creative videos. Stick to talking head-style content that informs, educates, or inspires people in some way and is related to your niche.
To make your videos more effective, add some subtle music and keep the shot moving with cuts, text captions, and graphics. The amount of cuts and graphics you use depends on the age of your audience. For audiences over the age of 25 or 30, tone it down, but make it quicker and punchier if you have a younger customer base.
Content of Short-form Videos
Focus on three main categories:
- Attraction Videos: Attract your best customers with a quick tip or recommendation. You could also provide the truth behind a common myth or a lesson you had to learn the hard way.
- Nurture Videos: Nurture videos move your audience a little further into your sales funnel and get them to start thinking about you not just as a free resource, but as a business that they can work with. Nurture videos could be answering FAQs, addressing objections, or offering a comparison between your offer and an alternative. A behind-the-scenes look at how your product or service is made, or how you do what you do, could also work.
- Conversion Videos: These can be product demos, testimonials, or case studies.
Frequency VS Quality of Short Videos
Creating one video per day is ideal, but if that is not possible, try to create at least four shorts per week to see the best results. These videos do not need to be of high production value; just use your phone and press record.
If you need help with topic ideas, head over to ChatGPT to generate your whole month’s worth of video ideas and scripts for each of them. Once you’ve got your script, batch record your whole month’s worth of videos in one go, then edit them in batches too. It should take you one to two days per month to plan and create your entire social media marketing content.
In conclusion, short-form vertical videos are the way to go in 2023. With its proven effectiveness and versatility, it is the most straightforward strategy to improve your social media marketing game. Follow the tips mentioned above, and you’re sure to see an increase in your reach, visibility, and potential virality.